From: Ann Wells

Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2021 17:00:28 -0400

Print List Archive Message

Re: Your recorder question - I do teach recorder to 4th/5th when we're not
in a pandemic...alas, it's looking like this year's 5th graders are going
to miss out because we didn't do them last year and this year is not
looking good either :(
I LOVE Peripole recorders, they were great, or they were last time I used
them, 10 years ago. Currently I get the $2-something ones from Music Is
Elementary because that's what the music teacher before me used and I
inherited too many of them to switch. Also the price is better for my
school's population if they want to buy one (but I don't require it, I have
enough that I can assign each student a recorder to use at school for the
year). They do the job for me, but, I don't necessarily recommend them if
you're getting recorders from scratch. I had to quit using my personal
Peripole recorder to play along with them because the pitch is noticeably
different! So, yeah, Peripole is the way to go if you can. I've also
always heard good things about Yamahas, too, they're decent recorders also.
Hope that helps!
~Ann in NC
Ann Wells - annmusic7@gmail.com

Hosted by Plank Road Publishing: https://www.musick8.com