From: Kelly Jones

Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2021 13:40:11 -0400

Print List Archive Message

I was in a workshop years ago where she used Aaron Copeland's Appalachian
Springs for a movement activity. It's been years since I taught it but I
remember dividing the students into circle groups of 4-5 kids. Each group
made up a circle movement using 8 beats each to do a turning motion, an
in/out motion, and a locomotor motion, then repeat one of the above. To
perform, 1 group performed the theme then each group was added as each
variation was introduced. One group moved with ribbon streamers at the
beginning and end. There is a ton of possibility with this piece. One year
I had my recorder club begin with the Simple Gifts Melody, then the choir
sang it, then the recording and movement piece began. It was a long fun
lovely project. I think I found the recording and some lessons about the
piece on the old 5th grade share the music.
Have fun!
Kelly in GA
--
Confidentiality Statement: The information and any attachments in this
Email are proprietary and strictly confidential. It is intended solely for