From: Lori Peed

Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2021 22:34:08 -0400

Print List Archive Message

Wow! And I thought having 22 kindergartners was too many!
It can be very challenging to deal with the beginning of the year
immaturity.
( I definitely prefer K over 5th grade.)
My first couple of K lessons include:
I’m So Glad To Be Here (MK8)
Read: Pete the Cat Rockin’ In My School Shoes
Name Games:
Teacher: Where is Mary? Student stands and says: Here I am!
Round In A Circle( Share the Music)
Hickety Tickety Bumblebee
Follow Follow Me In A Line (Gagne)
Movement to beat ( circle formation using Maypole Dance instrumental music)
Students watch and copy mvt
Copy Cat 1 and 2 ( Greg and Steve)
Hello There (echo singing voice)
Hello Everybody
Different voices (whisper, speak, call, sing)
If You’re Happy and You Know It
Listen and Move ( Greg and Steve)
A Walking We Will Go (Greg and Steve)
Just Like Me (Greg and Steve)