From: Laura Draper

Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2021 18:08:10 -0500

Print List Archive Message

Music k8 Ants go Marching - kinders love marching and wiggling on their bellies around the room. Take turns by row or colors
All sit Criss cross applesauce. Ask for a quiet volunteer who would like to try an instrument of their choice. I use this to teach vocab and mallet technique. Allow them to choose a partner and take turns playing. They love repeating the pattern : Allison Tyler Allison Tyler Clapping. (Teach them to applaud for these short performances.) So simple, but it teaches skills and vocab, and rewards listening, and perhaps most of all gives you a bit of a rest.

--
Laura Draper
lauradraper@fastmail.fm