From: Claude Borders

Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2021 13:06:00 -0700

Print List Archive Message

I would try to start a handbell choir and perform at the church and then
ask for an offering collection for more instruments. Contact a church that
has handbells and ask if they will perform or let a 12 person group from
your school borrow the bells and learn a simple song. Also the regional rep
with Malmark or Schulmerich Bells might be happy to do a demonstration for
your students or your church.
I had a handbell choir at Hanscom AFB chapel (1995-2001) and we did a "buy
a bell" dedication promotion. We had families buy and dedicate a bell for a
loved one. The chapel sponsored my 2 children (1mo old and 1 yr old, son
born premature at 28 1/2 weeks, he was in the hospital for 70 days) with
the largest and the smallest bell of the 3 octave set. Each bell came with
the person's name, dedication, and commemorative insert in the inside of
the handle. We had a bell dedication concert. Then we played for the
National Prayer Breakfast.
Sincerely,
Claude Borders
Coral Academy of Science Las Vegas (Centennial Campus), General Music, Band
Director
Ensemble Arts Academy, Owner, Music Instructor (Brass, Woodwinds, Strings,
Piano, Ukulele, Guitar)
www.EnsembleArtsAcademy.com
702.326.6949

Hosted by Plank Road Publishing: https://www.musick8.com