From: Kara Campbell

Date: Wed, 19 May 2021 11:16:05 0000 (UTC)

Print List Archive Message

What state are you in? Advocate somehow and someway for the benefits of music. Tell as many people before the final concert if there is one. If you love that school, show it by emailing the importance to certain deal makers in the city and school, talk to parents and grandparents with kids at the school. You might not change their minds but at least you tried and maybe something will stick with them. This is heartbreaking.....

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Wednesday, May 19, 2021, 6:53 AM, poetic43@gmail.com wrote:
Please help. I am beyond tears. I am retiring after 32 years. 40 if you count my private piano lessons I taught 3 days a week in schools. Our school is replacing me with Dance. Also 6th grade is moving to the elementary, so no band for them now OR any music. Dance. I gave my ukes (that I only had for two years) to the jr high teacher. Where my new collection of hard to get xylos and 25 keyboards go is unknown. jr high teacher did tell the super that she wants the instruments to be used somewhere. He said ask the new Dance teacher. She said she may use the three djembes and non pitched percussion. She wants nothing else. Nothing. Else. I have a huge file cabinet drawer of Music K8. Jr high doesnt want it. It would most likely be thrown away if I don’t salvage it. I am going to a private school with preK-6th and I will have high school general music and a college credited music appreciation class. I can use these things. I was under the impression music is a required class in elementary! What will happen the the band program? Our school has always had a great music program. I always have kids in elementary honor choir (altho no elementary “choir.” Now I stay up at night just heartbroken and fighting tears as my room (since 1997) is emptied of music. My students are upset, too!
Sent from my iPhone
Hosted by Plank Road Publishing: https://www.musick8.com
List Administrator: list_admin@musick8.com
To send a message to the list: MK8-talk@lists.musick8.com