From: Chris Badger

Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2021 07:40:23 -0600

Print List Archive Message

*How many times should a child sing a song to learn it? 7? 10? * Can't find
it in my resource books from college. And if it is a source from a few
years back, I would bet it is more now. Singing/Music Deficit Disorder,
anyone?
*How do you get children to explore musically when many crave silence in
the classroom and others are like, this is LOUD and COOL?*
I love digital instruments and ipads but the kids often DO NOT have
headphones for volume. (I know what is on my list for next year, earbuds
ONLY for music class). I am very direct with my preK but I speak of grades
K-2 in specific.
My workaround is taking turns with one instrument which is not useful with
short attention spans. It does make them listen. (Teaching mostly in the
regular elementary classroom). It used to be having headphone splitters so
I could have mini stations.
Not related. We had a rolling power outage yesterday so internet based and
electricity based teaching went out the window. I reviewed tempi with my
third graders and quizzed them on how others told time before computers,
phones and electricity.
Hope if you had severe weather that you all are warm and safe. Off to
school!
Chris Ann
Hosted by Plank Road Publishing: https://www.musick8.com
List Administrator: list_admin@musick8.com