From: J. Mattoon

Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2020 16:41:27 -0500

Print List Archive Message

Hi Brian,
I used to use a labelmaker to print two name labels for each recorder
student. One label would go over a small plastic hook on the inside of my
cabinet door, where students would hang their recorder in an assigned spot,
in the included cloth bag. The other label would go right onto the curved,
chin-facing top part of the recorder headjoint. That way, from the user's
point of view, there was no mistaking which recorder was about to touch
your mouth. The other reason I ended up placing the labels on the headjoint
was so that I could peek into the bag and still see the name labels. This
was also where we would store neck straps. For the number of students I
had, it worked well.
With the alto recorders, I had more interested students than instruments,
soI labeled those with numbers, chose only 8 alto players for each year,
assigned them to specific students by number (which would stay the same for
the year). Those were kept in their zipper cases in a small basket. That
method of organizing was less successful (fourth, fifth, sixth grade).
Twice someone played the wrong recorder because they didn't pay attention
to whether they picked up the one with the right number... Even though the
alto recorder name list was posted clearly on the basket of alto recorders.
Just one way of doing it :-)
Jean in MA

Hosted by Plank Road Publishing: https://www.musick8.com
List Administrator: list_admin@musick8.com