From: Corinne Whitlatch

Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2020 22:02:26 -0500

Print List Archive Message

We're in the beginning stages of creating a virtual assembly by editing
together various contributions into a video that will be uploaded and
shared with district families. So far, we're planning on having 5th
graders do a poetry reading through Google Meet (I'm not in charge of that
one, so I'm not sure on logistics with that). We're also planning on
having 2 junior high band kids play the Star Spangled Banner LIVE outside
on our playground while the 1st graders who are present that day (only
about 20) perform the sign language while socially distanced since they
learned it last spring during remote learning as kindergartners. Our band
teacher will film it from the roof of our school while I stand next to her
demonstrating the movements. Eek! Not sure on other grade level
contributions yet, but that's a start!
Corinne Whitlatch
K-5 Music Teacher
Fairview Heights, IL