From: Sandy Toms

Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2020 09:43:06 -0400

Print List Archive Message

Hi Brian,
I didn't do this per say but created a unit of American song history which
covered many weeks. We read a one page history of an era and learned a few
songs from each.
We covered Colonial times, revolution, whaling, migration west, railroads,
gold rush, cowboys, etc., At the end of the year, the students (4/5th
grades) had to write an extensive report on one song from an era.
I've lost track of my computer file on the history pages but still have the
report assignment, year end review test. I also have questions from a
video we watched (Music and Heroes of America) by two other teachers. There
a lot of resources, etc., at my website:
http://musicedresources.weebly.com/4-american-song-history.html

Sandy Toms spojaw@gmail.com
Music Ed Resources www.musicedresources.weebly.com
Church Choirs http://www.stlukesferndale.org/