From: Chris Badger

Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2020 06:49:05 -0500

Print List Archive Message

Some are for me, some for a friend.
1. In a school that has promethean AND smart boards mixed in their
classrooms, what is the best way to share lessons that are not internet
based? (Think rhythms or listening map projection). Is there a common
software? What sources could be accessed? If not for the different brands I
would just tell her "make a notebook file"....or "make a flip file".

2. The best of old school technology-- if back to back classes in
elementary wing, what is the best CD/cassette/Boombox and speaker?
Can be corded or bluetooth but must be completely portable.
3. Suggestions for a mobile platform/rolling desk/etc to teach from would
be very helpful. Every classroom is set up differently and so there is
nothing that is the "same" from room to room except myself. (So far, I
just adapt) I would still need to be flexible with my K classes as one
class has 24 students and only a small space to use.
*BONUS Idea....* *Colored Craft Sticks and regular envelopes*. Students
keep in their desk. Use to create stick rhythms. Kids get to touch the
rhythms as well as see them. I am using this under the document camera in
my classrooms. 2nd grade is getting it "hands on". Grade 1 is viewing this
on display and doing quite well. Sample:
I can show them 1 sound on a beat and 2 sounds on a beat.
"What if we take out number 3?" Introduces rests. --If I stole your idea,
I would love to tell my students who taught this to me. :)
*Bonus Idea*....I may have stolen this too. Discuss opposites. Black,
white, hot, cold, etc. Introduce Forte/Piano and Presto/Largo. Show video,
and discuss. Then have them move in place for the different tempi, or give
hand signs for the change in volume. (3rd graders were very happy to move
to Presto/Largo this week for the music "warmup". I told them it was a
review and we discussed songs they listened to that were fast/slow, etc.)
Using with K 1 and 2 and occassionally 3rd.
Off to school for a zoom meeting! Have a fantastic day!
Chris Ann
PK-4 Music South Prairie
Hosted by Plank Road Publishing: https://www.musick8.com
List Administrator: list_admin@musick8.com