From: Ann Wells

Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2020 14:36:20 -0400

Print List Archive Message

I have 20 classes right now - we usually have 6 or 7 kindergarten classes,
6 classes each 1-3rd, and 4 or 5 each 4th and 5th, but two (or in one case,
3) teachers per grade level right now are teaching the students who opted
for online-only instruction, at least through the first half of the year.
We are also on a hybrid schedule - in-person students come two days a week
and work online the other three. Half of the kids come M/W, the other half
come T/TH, everyone is online on Fridays. So, I am going to each classroom
two days in a row to see both the A and B groups of kids, which means I
will see everyone once every two weeks. Teachers still have to come in on
Fridays, and the classroom teachers have three hours in the morning for
whole and small group instruction via zoom then time for grade level
planning and meetings and whatnot. Once I get my in-person stuff squared
away, and the new PE and Art teachers are settled and don't need me as
much, I plan to use my Fridays to make videos for the online-only kids so
the teachers who do their resource classes (they are still basically
following the same schedule they'd have if they were at school) will have
something to show them so they aren't stuck with just two options most of
the time.
~Ann in NC
Ann Wells - annmusic7@gmail.com

Hosted by Plank Road Publishing: https://www.musick8.com