From: Juli Salzman

Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2017 10:38:27 -0600

Print List Archive Message

Carol,
For me, it’s STEAM, but all of our classes are integrating (or starting to) other subjects into their lessons. Personally, teaching math facts and state capitals isn’t something I would do. The classroom teachers would use music I give them and that would be how they incorporate music into their lesson. My lessons are more like relating note values to fractions, capacity, patterns, etc.. as I am teaching my own TEKS.
Juli Salzman
> On Jan 7, 2017, at 10:30 AM, Carol Parnell wrote:
>
> For all my Texas teaching friends, my school is working on a description of
> essential standards for each subject, which includes a description of what
> the TEKS look like in the classroom.
> My question is about 5C - "identify the relationships between music and
> interdisciplinary concepts": what does this look like in the classroom? In
> other words, how do you present this concept to your students? I'd
> appreciate your ideas! Is this just using music to teach other subjects,
> like math facts or state capitals, or is it something else? - Carol in Texas
>
> Hosted by Plank Road Publishing: https://www.musick8.com
> List Administrator: list_admin@musick8.com
> To send a message to the list: MK8-talk@lists.musick8.com
>
> User Options: http://lists.musick8.com/options/mk8-talk/lsutuba@me.com