From: Norm Sands

Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 16:40:04 0000 (UTC)

Print List Archive Message

I used to assess the first grade one with clickers. If you have access to a set of clickers, it's the easiest way.  I would show them two rhythm pattern choices and they heard a rhythm pattern 3 times (PowerPoint).  5 different examples - done!  Even without clickers, this can easily be done by having them circle A or B on a half-sheet of paper.
For the third grade one, I would just do a 10 question "quiz" with pictures and sound clips with multiple choice answers (could also be done with clickers for quicker scoring).
But...the bigger question...it's coming up to the end of the year.  If you are to show growth, didn't you already assess their current knowledge earlier in the year?  If you did, you should use the same assessment as the post assessment.
 Norm Sands