From: Ann Berman

Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 22:10:43 -0500

Print List Archive Message

I have 4 different grade level chorus rehearsals and 2 ensemble rehearsals
each week. Chorus is never cancelled, as it is "common planning time" for
the classroom teachers. If I am out, the sub takes the class and I insist
that all available paras attend as well. I do cancel my ensembles if I am
out. Chorus runs from week 2 all the way to the end of the year, even after
the concerts. 5th grade spends the time working on social dancing as well
as a graduation song. 2nd-4th grade usually have their Musical Theater unit
during Chorus (basically, I introduce a composer/lyricist and then show a
video...). I usually have about 3 weeks from the last concert to the end of
school. I have been known to take them out on the playground as well
sometimes. Ensembles end after the last concert.

Ann in Boston
Annberman6563@gmail.com