From: Patty oeste

Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 21:50:03 -0500

Print List Archive Message

Hi Martha:
I would want to know a bit about the history of the instrument,
basics of playing, how you use it in your classroom, any ideas on how to go
about buying them for students, ideas on possible funding sources perhaps,
maybe a couple YouTube samples of kids playing, or better yet, video of your
own students playing. Playing a few easy songs would be SO much fun. You
know, 2 chords and those who had one could play along and everyone sing
something? I had Mary Gillihan (Ozark Folk Center) do an autoharp workshop
years ago. She talked about the history of autoharps, how to care for them
also. We all played (I had collected as many as I could!) and she helped us
individually and as a group on strumming, etc. We sang together and played
together. It was great!
P.S. I'm buying one - so I'll bring mine!

PattyO in AR