From: Jennifer S.

Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 21:49:07 -0500

Print List Archive Message

Here are the songs my choirs did this week...

Middle School Choir Grades 6, 7 & 8

Seize the Day (from Newsies) arr. Roger Emerson
SAB
- they liked this one a lot, watched the movie in
class when I had a sub, one boy called it "the
Giant Song" because of the line "we'll slay the giant"... LOL

Windy Nights - Cynthia Gray
Three-part
- probably their favorite one, based on a poem by
Robert Louis Stevenson, spooky and fun!

Little Wheel a-Turnin - arr. Greg Gilpin
Three-part
- features the altos!

Gloria Festiva - Emily Crocker
Three-part
- sang this one with Emily Crocker at WSMA this
year, features the boys at the beginning

Sow it on the Mountain - arr. Will Schmid
SAT(B)
- kind of long, but a good one for singing parts,
could add your own drums and guitars

High School Choir Grades 9, 10, 11 & 12

Like a Tree - Margaret Douroux & Lon Beery
SSA
- the girls really liked this one, gospel, pretty easy parts for the SSA

The Storm is Passing Over - arr. Barbara Baker
SATB
- kids liked this one, close harmonies, fun to sing

Fields of Gold - Sumner/Emerson
SAB
- their absolute favorite!

Somebody to Love - arr. Roger Emerson
SAB
- Glee Cast version, they loved it and we had a
boy sort of break through the group and sing the
high solo in the middle. The audience went wild!

Good Night - Lennon/McCartney, arr. Snyder
SATB
- another favorite, of course we had to sing it
last on the concert, very pretty, got lots of
good comments from teachers passing by in hall as we rehearsed

Jennifer Schroeder Music/Choir K-12
Fall River, WI Momo3@Centurytel.net

-------