Broadway Jr. - Seussical Junior
From MTI/Broadway Jr.
If your show was delayed because of the COVID-19 outbreak, your license can be extended at no charge. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to make their request. You will need to provide your license number and school information. Please be sure to request this BEFORE the expiration date of your current license.
Seussical Junior - Lynn Ahrens and Stephen Flaherty have lovingly brought to life all of our favorite Dr. Seuss characters, including Horton the Elephant, Gertrude McFuzz, Lazy Mayzie, and all of the Whos of Whoville! The score emerges as a Seussian Gumbo of musical styles, ranging from Latin to pop, swing to gospel, and R&B to funk. So let your toes tap, your fingers snap, and your imagination run wild for "Oh, the thinks you can think, when you think about Seuss!"
Seussical Junior is a great show for large groups of students who enjoy singing. It is also a good show for a cast of students who enjoy playing larger than life characters. You will need to have a number of strong singers who are also good dancers or movers to play the Wickersham Brothers and the Bird Girls. Cast: 10 principals, 6 featured roles, plus ensemble.
The Broadway Junior Collection provides educators the opportunity to present authorized young performers' editions of the best Broadway musicals ever produced. The musicals in this series have been tailored to the needs of young performers and the resources available to schools and educators. These are author-approved, condensed versions (60-70 minutes) which preserve the spirit and essence of the original, while eliminating elaborate production elements which may be beyond the physical and financial capabilities of most schools.
Even if you have never directed a show in your life, Broadway Junior makes it easy and fun! With the comprehensive ShowKit, you will have everything you need for creating a Broadway Junior experience in your school. This kit includes:
- 30 Actor Scripts
- 1 Piano/Vocal Score
- 1 Director's Guide
- Online access to:
- Performance/Accompaniment Tracks
- Digital Choreography Videos
- Digital Resources (audition materials, customizable press release, program, and other templates)
- Digital Family Matters Booklets (a parent's guide to the rehearsal and performance process with tips on supporting their student performers.)
- ShowKits can be licensed ONLY to accredited schools through 9th grade.
- Mention the school where the ShowKit is to be performed in the notes section during checkout.
- Include a valid shipping e-mail address during checkout so the license and download links can be e-mailed to you.
- Please allow 1 – 2 weeks to receive the license via e-mail.
- You will receive the ShowKit 1 - 2 weeks after you return the signed license.
- If you're in a hurry to start teaching this, you may want to consider ordering the audio sampler for a head-start.
- You will receive a series of e-mails from MTI with coded links to access your various digital components. Be sure to keep these e-mails.
- The Dramatic Performing Rights License will allow your school unlimited performing rights for one year.
- The ShowKit is non-refundable.
(Run time: ca. 60 minutes)