Broadway Jr. - Disney's High School Musical Junior
From MTI/Broadway Jr.
Disney's High School Musical Junior - This musical comes to life on your stage in Disney's High School Musical Junior. The stage musical runs about 70 minutes and is geared toward middle-school-aged performers. It contains all of the songs from the Disney Channel musical, plus one new number and a High School Musical Megamix.
It all begins at a New Year's Eve party where Troy has a chance meeting with Gabriella. They share a karaoke song and discover their love for singing and an interest in each other. When school resumes, they learn that Gabriella has just transferred to Troy's East High School, a campus divided into tight cliques of jocks, cheerleaders, brainiacs, and skater dudes. Eager to recapture the magic, Troy and Gabriella consider auditioning for the school's upcoming musical, much to the dismay of the school's theater goddess, Sharpay. Problem is, Troy is also the star of the basketball team and Gabrielle is being recruited to compete in the Scholastic Decathlon. Will they give up their cliques to start something new, or will they do as the show's first big anthem urges and "Stick To The Status Quo"?
The music is catchy, mixing in a dash of hip-hop and salsa for just plain fun. The songs include: Get'cha Head In The Game, Bop To The Top, What I've Been Looking For, Wildcat Cheer, Start Of Something New, Stick To The Status Quo, When There Was Me And You, Breaking Free, We're All In This Together, and more.
The Broadway Junior Collection provides educators the opportunity to present authorized young performers' editions of the best Broadway musicals ever produced. The musicals in this series have been tailored to the needs of young performers and the resources available to schools and educators. These are author-approved, condensed versions (60-70 minutes) which preserve the spirit and essence of the original, while eliminating elaborate production elements which may be beyond the physical and financial capabilities of most schools.
Even if you have never directed a show in your life, Broadway Junior makes it easy and fun! With the comprehensive ShowKit, you will have everything you need for creating a Broadway Junior experience in your school. This kit includes:
- 30 Actor Scripts
- 1 Piano/Vocal Score
- 1 Director's Guide
- 2 Performance/Accomp CDs
- 1 Choreography DVD
- 1 Media Disk
- 30 Family Matters Booklets (a parent's guide to the rehearsal and performance process with tips on supporting their student performers.)
- ShowKits can be licensed ONLY to accredited schools through 9th grade.
- Mention the school where the ShowKit is to be performed in the notes section during checkout.
- Include a valid shipping e-mail address during checkout so the license can be e-mailed to you.
- The Dramatic Performing Rights License will allow your school unlimited performing rights for one year.
- You will receive the ShowKit 1 - 2 weeks after you return the signed license.
- The ShowKit is non-refundable.