From: Jill Young

Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 08:53:41 -0400

Print List Archive Message

I am at home today, my son has a stomach virus (he's asleep) and I am
not all that well myself.

Anyway, I had left plans yesterday on my desk just in case. I thought
of a few details while I was rocking my son last night, so I e-mailed
them to our secretary for the sub. PLAINLY labeled as extra stuff
(just a few things, like go get the scarves from the auditorium left
in there from the program last night, water my plants, etc. that I had
forgotten to put in my plans)with my phone # in the e-mail.

I just got a frantic call from my sub (who I know well and is
fabulous, but technology is NOOOT her thing). She thought the e-mail
WAS my plans, had a hard time finding my actual plans in the middle of
my desk, couldn't figure out why the CD player wasn't working (not
plugged in), I had to walk her through actually running the player, I
had written something on my plans about a testing pep ralley she
needed to take my kids to this afternoon-had to explain that that
actually affected her, spent five minutes trying to explain where the
computer table was (I keep my bean bags there)-it is right next to the
CD player and well, big, spent another couple trying to explain where
my schedule is on my desk (in the center), spent another few minutes
trying to explain where the overhead is (right next to the computers),
and it went on and on and on.

Bless her heart, she's going to have a long day.

For the record, I write good sub plans. I have been told that! :-)

Jill in NC
-----