From: Kathleen Bragle

Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 10:45:01 0000

Print List Archive Message

You'll love this - my daughter, who is a mezzo and now sings professionally - has perfect pitch, but we didn't realize it until high
school!!!! We had gotten to school early for a concert and were sitting quietly in the back. The select group she was in was doing a quick run through in the front of the Auditorium. I would notice that the conductor would nod towards her and say something to her but we tried to be invisible back there so tried not to be watching too carefully. Before singing each number, the conductor would turn and say
"Meg " and then something we couldn't understand. FINALLY my curiosity
got the better of me and I realized that she was giving the starting note for each piece. She was a violinist from age 3 to 19 and always sang and I guess we just moved along with all that she did.....I never realized anything was different. I do remember that solfege was difficult for her in college. She just wanted to sing the pitches! :)

Kathleen
Bragle, NBCT '02

Subject: Re: [MK8]a day of wonder

To: mk8list@musick8.com
> > You will have lots of fun with
this little guy over the years! I've only
> had one student with
perfect pitch (that I know of). He was totally blind.
> We spent
recesses naming the notes in 3 and 4 note chords and reproducing

them on the piano. Whenever I introduced a new recorder piece, he could