From: LOUISE EDDINGTON

Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 03:08:34 -0700 (PDT)

Print List Archive Message

Jason--so good of you to share your personal experience. What a ca=
ring and understanding teacher you will be, as you can understand your stud=
ents on a level most of us can not! Your reply also confirms that =
my stab-in-the-dark response was on target...
I remember now in your first post you mentioned that you were very quiet an=
d soft-spoken and it was difficult for you to speak up in some situations.=
Thanks again.
Louise

--- On Thu, 5/13/10, Jason J wrote:

Meredith,
Somehow I missed this thread the first time around....
I suffered from selective mutism until about the 10th or 11th grade. If I
could offer any advice in your situation, DO NOT say anything to your
student. Don't even acknowledge that he has started talking to you.
-----