From: Jyminia Tiller

Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 23:06:48 -0400

Print List Archive Message

They like to DO... not to read... or NOT experience.

I've used...

Music Alive.

Roadtrip across America (excellent!!!)

Classical Connections

The Blues

(These are all by Music Alive)

Boomwhackers... I use drumsticks on over turned chairs and congas.

I've taught notation, put them in groups of 3 or 4 and let them write rhythm
raps and perform them to rap backgrounds.

We've done sound compositions. 3 to 4 part

I have classes that like to sing. Some that don't. For a few years, thy
created their own band - assigned parts, designed CD and Travel posters with
travel dates and wrote several songs for hte CD.

Sometimes, they're good.... other times (like this year) I'll have a horrid
grade level.

This year I taught the Zombie Dance from Thriller. my 6th grade and MOST of
my 7th grade loved it. My 8th grade... nothing captured their attention.

You must have a sense of humor. They are testing you. They are good at it.
It's their job. I lost my humor chip quite some time ago. HOpefully, I can
find it soon.

--
Jyminia Tiller

Dear Lord: Please put your arms around my shoulders, and your hand over my
mouth.
-----