From: PW Alexander

Date: Tue, 25 May 2021 12:37:08 -0500

Print List Archive Message

I have a new job at a private school just down the road from the public
school where I have been since 1997! I'm excited to be at a small school.
It isn't a lot of pay, and no insurance, but it will help ME pay for
insurance since I'm not old enough for Medicare. And I can draw retirement
and build up my COLA. I will have 3 rotating classes of PreK3-6 and 2 high
school classes. One of those is general music year round (not sure of the
grade yet, but principal said teach whatever I like to them!) The other HS
class is one semester proctor for an online psych class in which they get
college credit. Then I'll have the same kids the next semester for a music
appreciation class I will teach I have no idea if I will have a syllabus or
not for that one! They get college credit for it, too. I finally saw my
room today.... paneling, window AC and wall heater. I'm thinking about
painting the paneling. There are maybe 3 windows. I'm on the high school
end of the one long hall. My sons graduated at this school about 20 years
ago! Any suggestions on where to find room organization ideas before I
throw 32 years of teaching materials into this room??? WHAT to teach high
schoolers??? Thanks in advance!
*´¨)
(¸ . ´ (¸. · * ynne in MS
NBCT