From: Stout, Sohaiah H

Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2013 12:58:40 0000

Print List Archive Message

So last year was my first year on this list, and I must confess, due to the stress of the school, I rarely had the opportunity to read the emails. Occasionally I had the chance, and when I did, I always enjoyed them, so when I switched districts, I knew I wanted to be back on, and this district orders Music K8 every year for each Elem teacher ( As an Intermediate who teaches 5/6 grades, I get it as well. Yeay me)

Anyhow - this year, I have an assistant... I know... after 22 years in the classroom where I have not only been the ONLY one, but my own accompanist at the mid/high school levels, traveled, taught in the gym, on the stage in the cafeteria - you know - you name it...

Therefore, I have time. And I am able to read your emails. And I am warmed, inspired, encouraged, humored by your tales, questions, insights, etc.

Thank you so much for your encouraging words and ideas to me, and to others.

Wondering... does anyone know a version of Star Spangled Banner 2 part, ssa, a capella?

Also - hope I didn't offend with my subject line "monotone" - truth be told, I should have put "4 or 5 note boys". They're trying, but by now, they've done it for so long it's habit... I do sirens, talk/head voice, owl hoots, Verizon commercial - just don't know how to seat them to best advance the choir and help them, but not lessen the strength of my treble but slightly fragile other boy singers.

Ok - thanks!

Sohailah in OK