From: Linda

Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 17:16:20 -0700 (PDT)

Print List Archive Message

Hi, Need cheap puppets? Just cut a line in the back or belly of a s=
tuffed animal and remove the stuffing. Insert your hand in the legs or h=
ead of the animal and wiggle away! Nothing fancy, but works just as well as=
an expensive puppet. I usually find cheap/cute stuffed animals at yard =
sales for under $1.00. One music and movement reward activity I tri=
ed is one your students may also enjoy. 1. Pass out one puppet per=
child. 2. Play upbeat music and allow the students to play with their=
puppet. (30 seconds to 1 minute) 3. Pause the music and call out "pas=
s". Students should then pass their puppet to their neighbor while also =
receiving a different puppet from their other neighbor. (I'd suggest f=
irst teaching rotations so that you have one continuous line going througho=
ut the students in the room. It works best if you teach the rotations be=
fore passing out puppets.) 4. Continue playing/pausing the music =
and calling out "pass" numerous times. This will allow students to play =
with many different puppets/stuffed animals. You can weave instruction=
throughout the activity, but I'd suggest just allowing the students to hav=
e fun. They don't get to do that often enough these days. Even the 5th=
graders left class with smiles on their faces. It was fun...for me, too=
! Linda in KY Linda Lawson-------