From: Jennifer S.

Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 21:32:22 -0500

Print List Archive Message

Whew! I had 3 concerts this week, and I'm done done DONE!

I'll post my choir lists in a bit, but here's my 5K, 1, 2 list and
the 3, 4, 5 list below. Everything went well, and I'm also going to
post some videos of the kids doing "I Love My Country" and
"Upstanding Citizen." Krisin Lukow, we did your choreography, and
the kids and audience loved it!

5 Kindergarten:

Butterfly - Lynn Freeman Olson - Share the Music?
- the kids had pretty butterflies they made in art class which they
fluttered around

Dies Deditos - Jose-Luis Orozco
- I played guitar, and the kids did hand motions

Play Me a Cowbell - Teresa Jennings
- cowbells, etc!

One Zero Zero - Teresa Jennings
- sang with hand motions to go with words

Head and Shoulders, Baby - Amidons
- movements to go with words

1st Grade:

A Kite - Kriske & DeLelles (Game Plan 1)
- used "windy" instruments

Oh, I Love America - Teresa Jennings
- "just" singing and kind of bouncing around and looking cute :-)

1st and 2nd Combined:

This Land is Your Land - Woody Guthrie
- 2nd graders played chords on xylos

I Love My Country - Teresa Jennings
- sign language

2nd Grade:

Weavily Wheat - DuPont & Hiller
- some kids played xylos and various UPP, others did the game

3rd Grade:

Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star - Recorder Karate

Boat to Brazil - Carol King (Recorder Routes)
- recorders, I played the "teacher part" on BX, and kids read funny
things they wrote about how they "wish they were on a boat to
Brazil" (examples: Sometimes, when my brother snores at night, I
wish I was on a boat to Brazil. OR Sometimes, when we have green
beans for dinner, I wish I was on a boat to Brazil.)

Sarasponda - arr. Paul Jennings
- added drums, kazoos and tambourines

Ode to Joy - Recorder Karate
- black belt earners (10 out of 36 third graders)

4th Grade:

Island Evergreen - Alto recorder part by Margaret Jerz, drum parts
from World Music Drumming

4th and 5th Combined:

50 Nifty United States - Ray Charles, Share the Music 5th Grade

Upstanding Citizen - Teresa Jennings
- borrowed Kristin Lukow's choreography after the kids watched it on YouTube.

5th Grade:

Gerbil's Gavotte - from Recorder Classroom
- SATB recorders

La La on a Theme of Sponge Bob - Chris Judah-Lauder
- saw Chris do this at a conference a few years ago, and we've used
it twice now on concerts. Always a major crowd and student
pleaser! Recorders, xylos, drums and dancing!

Jennifer Schroeder Music/Choir K-12
Fall River, WI Momo3@Centurytel.net

-------