Submitted by Nikki Febinger, Rio Vista, Texas
Idea posted June 6, 2017
Some days, the kids just need to talk. When I can tell that it's needed, I will say, "Let's have a talking minute. Turn to your next-door-neighbors (that's the person on their right and the person on their left) and tell them __________."
- What do you want most for Christmas?
- What's the weirdest food you've ever eaten?
- Discuss a time you or a family member got hurt. (This is always an interesting one.)
- What you want to be for Halloween?
- What is your favorite dessert?
Really, anything you want. Set the timer for one minute! When it beeps, they're done.
This ALMOST always settles the group down. They've gotten their "talkies" out, it only took one minute, plus I got to rest my voice and take a drink of water.