Activate! Subscription / Renewal
Movement, Music & More - The General Music Magazine For Grades K-6
We are very pleased to be able to offer this exciting new 88-page resource from the good folks at Lorenz Publishing and their Heritage Music Press! It is designed for all educators working with elementary students. Activate! appreciates the fact that your time is valuable and at a minimum, and that your resources may be limited. That's why Activate! is dedicated to being a practical, educationally sound, and truly useful resource that you can turn to throughout the year.
Activate! is published five times a school year. Each issue features:
- Reproducible games and activities on a variety of topics, including music theory and history, music traditions from around the world, cross-curricular areas, and character education created by Artie Almeida, Cathy Blair, Janet Vogt, and others.
- Songs to utilize classroom instruments, and easy-to-teach songs and rounds by such notable composers as Mark Burrows, Greg Gilpin, and Donna Dirksing - all with imaginative accompaniments.
- Easy, practical ways to use fun-filled folk dance experiences to improve students' physical, musical, academic, and social skills, along with effective strategies to incorporate other movement activities into your classroom from the Education Through Movement program of Phyllis Weikart and High/Scope Educational Research Foundation.
- Seasonally appropriate content in all areas. The National Standards for Music Education are referenced when applicable. And Activate! offers suggestions to modify activities for students at a variety of levels, including those with special needs.
- A CD that includes accompaniment tracks for the songs and classroom instrument pieces, often at multiple tempos to facilitate both practice and performance. Where applicable, performance tracks are included to serve as a model for teachers and young singers alike. The CD also features music to accompany the movement activities, including Phyllis Weikart's folk dance lessons, as well as tracks to help with other teaching activities.
Your subscription price includes everything you'll need to begin utilizing the music and activities immediately! (Customers outside the U.S., please contact us for subscription prices.)
(5 issues: starts when your current Subscription ends)
(10 issues: starts when your current Subscription ends)
(15 issues: starts when your current Subscription ends)