From: Brian Weese

Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2020 19:58:58 -0400

Print List Archive Message

I contacted Peripole, the company I got my conga drum from, and they said that I should absolutely NOT use any type of cleaner on the drum head. That is what I was expecting to hear. That made me very sad!
I tried poly spots on top of the drums and they sounded terrible.
Then I had this bright idea of using “plastic wrap“ (extra wide) and an 8“ rubber band. It doesn’t change the sound at ALL and I can use the disinfectant spray I was given on the plastic wrap after the kids leave my room and change the plastic wrap at the end of the day! Yay!
D. Brian Weese
Hosted by Plank Road Publishing: https://www.musick8.com
List Administrator: list_admi