From: Alison Rohrbach

Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 08:26:16 -0500

Print List Archive Message

Ring on It - Beyonce. There was a group of kids that did hula hoop routi=
ne to this last year for the "Talent" show. It was cute. I don't thin=
k the lyrics were a problem as they are always checked by the coordinators.
Alison in IL

> Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 23:53:59 -0500
> From: mcclurefamily@srt.com
> To: mk8list@musick8.com
> Subject: [MK8]Need music suggestions
>
> Quick question: What music would you use to hula hoop or bounce to steady=
beat? (older students)--I'd like to make a cassette tape of this to use ou=
tside. Our text is Making Music.

> I'll be checking the archives for your ideas.
> Chris Ann
>
> Lesson idea below.
> Since the kids in my school have basically checked out for the year, I =
am going to focus on things I can do that seem like games.
> There are 4 [pk-3rd] or 6 [4th-5th] classes left for my students.
> not counting field trips or field days or..?
>
> 4th-5th
> Finish Posters on day one (project from last week)
> Day 2: Hula hoop or dribble/bounce a ball to the beat
> Day 2-5: Campfire songs (goal: sing 6 songs together, class gets smores=
on day 5--can be in groups)
> Day 6: Any music game day
> Back up plan: DVD of Oliver
>
> PK-3: 2 days to teach chants and rhymes, 2 days outside.
> Chants and rhymes
> Playground games
> Silly songs
> Play party games
> Back up plan for last day: DVD of a younger movie...I still have kids ask=
ing about last year's movie, the Wizard of Oz

> I'll also have a "raffle" where my excess stuff is going home with the st=
udents or they "win" a candy bar or some small prize.
> This will be on the last day.

Hotmail is redefining busy with tools for the New Busy. Get more from your =
inbox.
http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?ocid=PID28326::T:WLMTAGL:O=
N:WL:en-US:WM_HMP:042010_2=
-------