Getting To Know... State Fair
Getting To Know... State Fair - Rodgers & Hammerstein's only musical written directly for the screen is now a stage musical that's had critics raving from coast to coast. Set against the colorful backdrop of an American heartland tradition, State Fair travels with the Frake family as they leave behind the routine of the farm for three days of adventure at the annual Iowa State Fair. Mom and Pop have their hearts set on blue ribbons while their daughter and son find romance and heartbreak on the midway.
Set to the magical strains of an Academy Award®-winning score and augmented by other titles from the Rodgers & Hammerstein songbook, State Fair is the kind of warm-hearted family entertainment only Rodgers & Hammerstein could deliver!
From the acclaimed Rodgers & Hammerstein Theatre Library comes a collection of classic musicals. Running approximately 70 minutes, these shows are perfect to introduce young people up through 9th grade to the wonders of live theatre.
The Production Pack includes:
- a Director's Guide
- two Director's Scripts
- two Piano/Vocal Scores
- 20 Libretto/Vocal Books with detailed staging and helpful performance hints
- a Study Guide with ready-to-use activities for enhancing your school's curriculum
- a Rehearsal/Performance CD Pak
- a Video Guide to Musical Staging
- Production Packs can be licensed ONLY to accredited schools through 9th grade.
- Mention the school where the Production Pack is to be performed in the notes section during checkout.
- Include a valid shipping e-mail address during checkout so the license can be e-mailed to you.
- The Dramatic Performing Rights License will allow your school unlimited performing rights for one year.
- You will receive the Production Pack 1 - 2 weeks after you return the signed license.
- The Production Pack is non-refundable.
To preview these musicals before placing your order you may purchase the Audio Sampler (also nonreturnable) which includes a complete description of each Production Pack component, including sample pages, a complete list of songs with vocal ranges, a complete list and description of characters, and a CD which includes excerpts of each song.