Broadway Jr. - Disney's Beauty And The Beast Junior
From MTI/Broadway Jr.
Disney's Beauty And The Beast Junior - Based on the Academy Award® winning animated feature, the stage version of Disney's Beauty And The Beast includes all of the wonderful songs from the film, written by Alan Menken and the late Howard Ashman, (the team responsible for Little Shop Of Horrors), plus new songs written especially for the Broadway version by Mr. Menken and Tim Rice (Aladdin, Aida).
Your audiences will be transported to a lovely French provincial town where the beautiful Belle lives with her father - a dotty inventor. When her father doesn't return from a trip to the local fair, Belle rushes off to find him. To her dismay, she discovers he is being held captive in an old castle by a horrible beast. She trades her freedom for his and the "tale as old as time" begins. How Belle tames the unfortunate Beast and his ultimate transformation into a handsome prince continues to enthrall audiences. Filled with spectacular costume and set opportunities, or even more simply staged, Disney's Beauty And The Beast Jr. offers a great opportunity to bring your entire school and community together for family theater at its best. (One Act running time: 60-80 min.)
The Broadway Junior Collection provides educators the opportunity to present authorized young performers' editions of the best Broadway musicals ever produced. The musicals in this series have been tailored to the needs of young performers and the resources available to schools and educators. These are author-approved, condensed versions (60-70 minutes) which preserve the spirit and essence of the original, while eliminating elaborate production elements which may be beyond the physical and financial capabilities of most schools.
Even if you have never directed a show in your life, Broadway Junior makes it easy and fun! With the comprehensive ShowKit, you will have everything you need for creating a Broadway Junior experience in your school. This kit includes:
- 30 Actor Scripts
- 1 Piano/Vocal Score
- 1 Director's Guide
- 2 Performance/Accomp CDs
- 1 Choreography DVD
- 1 Media Disk
- 30 Family Matters Booklets (a parent's guide to the rehearsal and performance process with tips on supporting their student performers.)
- ShowKits can be licensed ONLY to accredited schools through 9th grade.
- Mention the school where the ShowKit is to be performed in the notes section during checkout.
- Include a valid shipping e-mail address during checkout so the license can be e-mailed to you.
- The Dramatic Performing Rights License will allow your school unlimited performing rights for one year.
- You will receive the ShowKit 1 - 2 weeks after you return the signed license.
- The ShowKit is non-refundable.