Education Rocks!by Teresa Jennings
The title of this powerful all-school revue really says it all. And it is a perfect way to get your students enthused and excited about the opportunities of learning.
The five original songs in this revue will inspire your students to make good choices about their education and future.
The possibilities for the performance across the curriculum are vast. Let your fellow teachers and administrators know that you will be focusing on this subject and watch their support grow. Many schools have used this revue as a theme for a whole year. Don't miss the chance to get your students excited about their education! This important revue includes the following:
- Education Rocks! - Guitars and drums help to establish the rock style in this upbeat and very singable theme song.
- I Like School - Part hip-hop, part jazz, this song is a great way for your youngest students to join in the program. It also helps to reinforce the message to them that school is a good and positive place and it's okay to like it.
- Information Age - Techno rock enters the scene with this funky tribute to the information-intensive times we live in. This is also a great opportunity to do some cross-curricular work with your students. Science and math teachers, librarians, and administrators alike (among others) may well be interested in plugging this song into their respective programs and special interest studies.
- Think - Think, learn, grow, be smart, teach what you learn, continue your education, and so on. These are the lessons reinforced in this tune. Punchy at the top, smooth in the middle, this song makes students "think" and helps them improve their spelling! This song can be sung either in unison or in parts.
- Never Stop Learning - The finale of the revue is a thought-provoking rock ballad with a powerful message that we should always keep learning, no matter how old we are. We suggest that you photocopy the lyrics and get your audience participating in this one, as well. The message applies to adults as well as students.
About the Downloadable OptionThe downloadable version contains all the components the print version would, but in electronic format. Files may be quite large: A high-speed connection is recommended. (Visit the Download Help page for more info.)
Two files - 25.9MB and 33.6MB