Recorder Karate 2by Barb Philipak/new levels and new music arranged by Paul Jennings
Recorder Karate 2 is the much-requested second volume of the motivational recorder method and it picks up where Recorder Karate leaves off. This continuation has a lot more music and fully orchestrated accompaniments. The songs are in order of increasing difficulty, divided into logical sections, including 9 Black Belt Degrees. Like the first volume, the songs are designed to be played and tested with the belt reward system. This resource includes:
- Review/Sequencing - Follow up and tune substitutions for both volumes.
- Black Belt Levels - Nine arrangements of songs in sequence of technical challenges.
- Advanced Music Beyond The Nine Belts - Song substitution options and additional levels for more advanced players.
- Seasonal Music - Arrangements to use for holiday performances in keeping with the method style.
- Concert Selections - Longer concert settings of some songs are provided, including an optional duet.
- Big Bundle Of Extras - Bonus extras include I Can statements, Exit Tickets, Anchor Charts, and more.
The Teacher's Handbook brings together all of the creative teaching ideas that Barb Philipak has developed over the years using Recorder Karate in her classroom and in workshops. Among the many things covered in the text of this indispensable book are sections on:
- Common Problems and How To Fix Them
- Using Recorder Karate with the National Standards
- Working With Special Needs Students
- Games, Centers, Charts and Other Extras
The Kit includes the Teacher's Handbook, Reproducible Student Parts, a Performance/Accompaniment CD with 62 tracks, plus more than 130 downloadable extras.
About the Downloadable OptionThe downloadable version contains all the components the print version would, but in electronic format. Files may be quite large: A high-speed connection is recommended. (Visit the Download Help page for more info.)