Talk Like Shakespeare - Presentation Kitby John Riggio
This is a tune to have fun with! We spared no expense in achieving a great medieval/Renaissance-y sound, including a real lute.
"Talk Like Shakespeare" gives your students the chance to, well, talk like Shakespeare, or at least talk in the vernacular of English people back in the day. And by "back in the day," we mean the late 1500s and early 1600s. In addition to singing, your students have several very silly spoken lines to recite. Your actors will want to try on an English accent, and have them ham it up!
Feel free to come up with your own silly lines instead, or use real Shakespearean lines and doctor them up a bit. The kit includes a sound effect of a window breaking, so you can play it in time with your performers, if you choose to use it. (from Music K-8, Vol. 27, No. 4)
Presentation Kits are ideal for virtual or distance learning or for projection in the classroom. Components can be shared with students and parents in Google Classroom and similar platforms. The kits contain:
- MP4 lyric video timed to the embedded full performance track;
- MP4 lyric video timed to the embedded accompaniment track;
- Lyric PowerPoint timed to the embedded full performance track;
- Lyric PowerPoint timed to the embedded accompaniment track;
- PDFs of the piano/vocal score, student part, and lyrics
Downloadable PowerPoints w/ embedded performance/