Spring Is The Thingby Teresa Jennings, Karl Hitzemann, John Riggio, and Mike Wilson
A Bright and Bouncy Collection for Young Voices
Spring is a time of renewal, a time of growth and sometimes restlessness, especially in students. The songs in this positively happy collection give your students plenty of opportunity to sway, clap, dance, and even play some Boomwhackers® (so, they may not notice they're learning, too!). Have some fun, because Spring Is The Thing! This collection includes:
- Spring, Spring, Spring - Have you ever heard of the old big band tune by Benny Goodman called "Sing, Sing, Sing"? Here's a great arrangement paying tribute to the old-fashioned big band tune and reminiscent of the style of the familiar piece.
- Out My Window - The first thing you'll notice about this song on the recording is the birds. How springlike! And how appropriate, since this is a song for spring. It's a unique and interesting look at the season - out our windows. Set in a gentle Latin/pop style, the melody is syncopated, but also simple and memorable.
- Viva Vernal Equinox - Implied by the title, this is a song about springtime set in a Latin style melody which is musically interesting and fun to sing. But more than that, the lyrics are educational, teaching us the basics of the vernal equinox. "One revolution. Earth travels once a year around the sun." That makes this unison song a great tool for cross curricular teaching and learning, too.
- Mud - Ah, spring. A time for warmer weather, light spring rain, and mud puddles. Perfect as a novelty piece for your spring performance or just because you like it, this song benefits most from being sung quite seriously as a nice little pop tune, even though the subject is mud.
- Think Spring - Here's a song that will just make you feel good... just like spring does. It's a very catchy tune that your singers will learn easily. Add some claps and simple props, and it will fit in just about anywhere in a spring concert.
- Whacky Spring Fever - This is one happy, whacky song. It's great for channeling all that energy that comes when the weather turns nice outside. With one singing part to learn, it's easy. It's a song you sing, a song where you play Boomwhackers®, a song with body percussion, and a song where you get to act goofy when performing it. Wahoo!
- Spring In My Step - This is a high energy, happy piece that puts those springtime feelings into song. The quick tempo gets your pulse moving with a big band-style rhythm section and brass to punctuate the jabs. The melody is in unison with what look like some tricky intervals, however it sings very naturally.
About the Downloadable OptionThe downloadable version contains all the components the print version would, but in electronic format. Files may be quite large: A high-speed connection is recommended. (Visit the Download Help page for more info.)
Two files - 31.2MB and 29.9MB