Possibilitiesby Teresa Jennings
The one thing all students have in common, no matter who they are or where they come from, is possibilities. Inspire optimism in your students with the revue that celebrates life.
Teresa Jennings has created this uplifting all-school musical revue to help children look forward to a positive future where anything is possible. And one of the best things about this fun and upbeat revue is the fact that it can be adapted to fit your music program - whether you are working with just a few grades or multiple sections in grades K-8.
These songs are also a great way for your students to learn about several different styles of music as well as the many possibilities the future holds for them. The five songs include:
- Possibilities - The powerful title song to this revue reminds us of that fact that we all have endless possibilities. It's a really great way to start or end the school year.
- Big Dreams - Use this upbeat '50s-style song to show off the talents of your younger students (though it is fun to sing for kids of all ages).
- I'm Gonna Be - What do your students want to be when they grow up? Let them explore that question with this techno tune. With a driving rock beat it explores the wide range of careers open to children as they grow. It's also the perfect opportunity to bring on the showmanship during your performance.
- Don't Ever Give Up - Here's a gospel style song that sings the praises of sticking to your goals. And with all of our music, the second part is optional. The song works just as well when sung in unison throughout.
- It's My Journey! - For a stirring finale, we've provided a song full of inspirational lyrics. All your performers will want to take part in this one. What a wonderful way to end your revue!
The very complete Teacher's Handbook is full of ideas for creating a memorable performance including suggestions for incorporating other songs you may be working on with your groups. It also includes Reproducible Student Parts which come with full rights to reproduce as many copies as you need for all of your students.
About the Downloadable OptionThe downloadable version contains all the components the print version would, but in electronic format. Files may be quite large: A high-speed connection is recommended. (Visit the Download Help page for more info.)
Two files - 31.7MB and 25.2MB