Holiday Of Music, A
From Plank Road Publishingby Teresa Jennings and Karl Hitzemann
A Joyous Holiday Revue
Celebrate the season and highlight the talents of your students in the all-school revue A Holiday Of Music. These all-original songs with connecting script from Music K-8 Volume 21 capture the sounds of the season and put you in a holiday mood. With many opportunities to include a variety of handbells, Boomwhackers®, tone chimes, and jingle bells, as well as colored scarves, ribbons, and movement, these songs will provide many teaching options and lots of fun. The songs in this all-school revue include:
- A Holiday Of Music - This very jubilant song is the perfect way to open the revue, though you can certainly use it in other ways as you prefer. It's uplifting, happy, and easily reminds us that music is a wonderfully unifying common bond we all share during the holidays. It's mostly unison to make the song usable for most grade levels.
- Chime In! - Set as a light and bouncy 2-beat song, "Chime In!" is reminiscent of an old show tune. On the recording, the background foundation comes from pizzicato strings. It's very sweet. If you have handbells, Boomwhackers®, tone chimes, glockenspiels, or any bell-like instruments, this is a terrific holiday song to feature them. The vocal part is all unison and easy so that the attention can stay on the instruments.
- Listen To The Jingles - As everybody knows, if you ever want to instantly evoke the sound of the holiday season, just add jingle bells! This delightful folk rock tune gives you a chance to replace or supplement that dashing old stand-by jingle song. This time, the sound of the bells themselves gets the spotlight.
- Do You Hear? - Bringing a bit of sophistication to the revue, this tender song offers an opportunity for your more serious singers to shine. If you want to make the song as beautiful visually as it is aurally, you could add movement using colored scarves, ribbons, or streamers.
- The Rhythm Of The Season - Time to feature your percussionists! In this catchy and infectious finale, it's all about the rhythm. The rhythm of the season, that is. The song is a blast to sing and it will really stick with you!
Whether you decide to stage this revue or simply use it in your classes, you'll appreciate its versatility. This kit provides a script with rhyming dialog, a teacher's guide, program artwork, and movement and staging suggestions.
About the Downloadable OptionThe downloadable version contains all the components the print version would, but in electronic format. Files may be quite large: A high-speed connection is recommended. (Visit the Download Help page for more info.)
Teacher's Handbook with Reproducible Student Parts and Performance/
Downloadable component has 2 files: 26.8MB and 27.5MB
Hard copy book with downloadable Performance/