music materials to give away

An area where you are allowed to go off topic but still stay within the forum community.
jhrivnak

music materials to give away

Post by jhrivnak »

Hello fellow music teachers,
Now that I’m retired, I want to give away some materials just for the charge of postage. Some items are showing age but are very useable; some are excellent/new condition. If you tell me what you’re interested in having, I will box the materials and have the post office determine shipping cost, then I will let you know. You can pay with PayPal, check or money order and I will mail your package. Contact me at jhrivnak@windstream.net.
Thank you and keep up the good work sharing the love of music! My home is COVID-free (sanitized, had our shots) and smoke-free.
Joy

SONGBOOKS:
Wee Sing Collection (10 book s with cassettes): Sing; Sing and Play; Fun and Folk; America; Nursery Rhymes and Lullabies; Dinosaurs; For Christmas; Sing-alongs; Silly Songs; Around the World
Wee Sing for Christmas with CD
Wee Sing for Christmas cassette, no book
Wee Sing Halloween book, no cassette
Songs that Tickle Your Funnybone Collection ( 8 books): Columbus Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Valentine, St Patrick’s Day, Easter, Spring, Animal Songs
Pocket Songbooks Collection (4 books): Sing It Again, (hymns, spirituals, rounds, folk songs, fun songs of other lands and cultures); Girl Scout Pocket Songbook; Sing A Tune (camp/hiking);Let’s Sing Together (hymns/camp)
Songbook Collection (4 books) (folk, spiritual, community, camp): Twice 55; 100 Songs You Remember; Songs We Sing; Singing Time
Esther L. Nelson Collection (5 books): World’s Best Funny Songs, Silly Songbook, Fun-to-Sing Songbook; Funny Songbook; Great Rounds Songbook
The Raffi Everything Grows Songbook (1989)
American Ballads and Folk Songs (Lomax and Lomax, 1994)
Disney: The Illustrated Treasury of Songs (Hal Leonard, 1993)
Best-Loved Songs of the American People (Agay, 1975)
Fireside Book of Folk Songs (Simon and Schuster, 1947); a bit of old-age damage to first few page edges
Alphabet Soup, Songs and Spirit Master Activity Sheets for Young Children (Wright, 1981)
Sing It Yourself, 220 Pentatonic American Folk Songs (Bradford, 1978)
American Folk Songs for Children (Seeger, 1948)
Fireside Book of Children’s Songs (Winn, 1966)
From Sea to Shining Sea, A Treasury of American Folklore and Folk Songs (Cohn, 1993) Caldecott honor artists

DANCE:
All-Time Favorite Dances - cassette of 13 dances including: Mexican Hat Dance, Alley Cat, Cotton Eyed Joe, Hora, Maypole Dance, Conga
2 CD Collection of 21 dance songs that I put together – some with dance instruction including Waddaly Atcha with hand jive, Macarena, Chicken, Hokey Pokey, Bunny Hop, cowboy line dances
Macarena cassette

TEACHING MATERIALS:
CD: Music for Movement (Froseth and Blaser) great for steady beat and rhythm stick practice
Oxford First Companion Set (3 books): Singing and Dancing, The Story of Music, Instruments and Orchestras (McLeish, 1982)
Tschaikovsky Discovers America (Scholastic 1994)
Beethoven Lives Upstairs (Scholastic 1993)
Reaching the Special Learner Through Music (Nocera, Silver Burdett, 1979)
Musical Games, Fingerplays and Rhythmic Activities for Early Childhood (Wirth et al,1983)
The Nutcracker (retold by McKai, 1994) hardback, beautifully illustrated
The Barefoot Book of Stories from the Opera (Husain, 1999) hardback
Music, Discover how music is made in close-up – from the most primitive to the most modern instruments (Ardley, 1989, Eyewitness Books) hardback
Understanding Music, An Usborne Introduction, Instruments, Composers, Reading Music, Science (Tatchell, 1992)
The Usborne Story of Music, First Instruments to Electronic Music (Mundy, 1980)
History’s 100 Greatest Composers (Kaufmann, 1957) cover is water damaged, hardback
Story of Music, The Pantheon for Young People (Wechsberg, 1968)

REFERENCE:
TIPS, The Child Voice (Rutkowski and Runfola, MENC, 1997)
Music Education, A Handbook for Music Teaching in the Elementary School (Kjos 1961)
Understanding Music (Reid, 1972)
Music History and Appreciation (Monarch Review Notes,1963)
Teaching General Music, A course of Study (MENC, 1991)
Rhythm and Movement, Applications of Dalcroze Eurhythmics (Findlay, 1971)
Ear Training, A Technique for Listening (Benward and Kolosick,1991) includes tape
Music in the Education of Children (Swanson, 1969) hardback
Anthology of Musical Analysis (Burkhart, 1986)
Anthology of Musical Forms (Stein, 1962)

FOR THE BOOK COLLECTOR:
The Observer’s Book of Music, Pocket Series (Freda Dinn, 1953) slight water damage, hardback
A Manual of Harmony (Jadassohn, G Schirmer, 1905l copyright 1893) hardback
Keyboard Harmony, A Practical Course for Use in Class or for Self-Instruction (Smith, Boston Music Company, 1916)
Standard History of Music (Cooke, Theodore Presser 1936, original copyright 1910) hardback
The Big Book of Favorite Songs for Children (Commins,1951) hardback, pages no longer attached, from my childhood!